40 is not old! 40 is the new 20. 40-year-olds are often in better shape than people half their age, and they have more life experience to share with a potential partner. The rules of online dating change when you hit 40. You're no longer looking for a casual fling - you're looking for something more serious. That means you need to be smarter about your approach, and take the time to really screen potential dates before you agree to meet them in person. Here are some tips for online dating over 40 that will help you find the right person for you:
1) Create an honest profile that shows who YOU really are. 40-year-olds are not looking for much different than 20-year-olds. They want an attractive, fit person who is interested in sharing their life with someone special. But 40-year olds have more to offer the right partner because of their life experience. They've dealt with relationships that worked and ones that didn't, so they are more prepared to make the right choice this time around. 40-year olds are no longer playing games or looking for a fling, so your profile should reflect that fact! 40-year olds are more interested in sharing their life with someone special, not just casual sex. Your 40s is the perfect time to look for Mr./Mrs.
2) Make your messages interesting. 40-year olds are tired of receiving witty messages that are obviously written by younger people. They want someone who is mature enough to carry on a conversation about something more than pop culture or sex. 40-year olds have plenty of friends, so they don't need another buddy to hang out with - they need someone who is ready for a long-lasting relationship. 40-year olds are looking for someone who shares their interests, so include some information about your favorite movies, books, music, restaurants...just no selfies! 40-year olds are smart enough to see through the "pick up artist" messages that younger men send women. They want genuine messages from people who really want to get to know them
3) Put up clear photos that show your face . 40-year olds are tired of receiving messages from men/women with no photos, especially selfies. 40-year olds have plenty of opportunities to meet people in real life. They don't need to browse through hundreds of photos trying to find the right person; they want someone who is honest and upfront about their appearance.
4) Use social media to your advantage . 40-year olds are connected to the world through social media, so you should use it as well. This is not a time to be shy! 40-year olds want someone who is confident and willing to share their life with an interested partner. 40-year olds like people who like people: follow them on twitter, "like" their photos on facebook, and read their blog. 40-year olds are looking for a partner who makes them feel good about themselves, so let them see that you're active in the world. 40-year olds have been online before it was cool, so flirting through social media is not going to be effective. Just being there is enough . 40-year olds will appreciate you taking the time to get to know them
5) Find out what 40-year olds like . 40-year olds aren't looking for much different than other age groups: they want someone who is attractive and active, and shares their interests. The key difference is that 40-year olds are more willing to settle down than 20-year olds. 40-year olds are looking for someone who is more interested in finding the right partner than just having fun with a stranger, so show them that you're ready for something real .
If you're over 40 and looking for love, you're in luck! The rules of online dating change when you hit 40, and you can now be more selective with who you choose to date. That means taking the time to really screen potential dates before agreeing to meet them in person.
2022-09-20She Wants You: How to Tell if She's Attracted to You Sexually Online
You've been chatting with this girl online for a while, and things are going well. In fact, you've even made plans to meet up in person soon. But you're curious—is she attracted to you?
2022-09-08Exploring the Difference Between Bisexual and Heteroflexible Identities
There's a lot of confusion about the difference between bisexual and heteroflexible identities. Some people use them interchangeably, while others see them as two very distinct orientations. So, what's the difference?