If your first date did not end in failure and you had a rather exciting time, then in all likelihood, you will soon have a second date.
And while the thought of a second date may send some people into a nervous frenzy, it is pretty exciting. It's a chance to build on the first date and get to know each other even better.
Second dates are often seen as an opportunity to take things to the next level, but sometimes people can be unsure about what that actually means.
Should you go for drinks? Dinner? A movie? Or perhaps something more low-key like coffee or ice cream?
There is no right or wrong answer, but one activity that has become increasingly popular in recent years is "Netflix and chill."
What is "Netflix and chill" actually mean?
For those unfamiliar with the term, "Netflix and chill" refers to watching Netflix together in a relaxed setting, usually at someone's home.
Here are a few reasons why "Netflix and chill" have become the new second date standard.
- It's low-key and relaxed. The great thing about "Netflix and chill" is that it's very low-key and relaxed, and there is no need to dress up or make small talk over drinks or dinner. You can just sit back, relax, and watch a show or movie together.
- It's an excellent way to get to know each other. While "Netflix and chill" may seem like a simple activity, it can actually be quite revealing. What someone chooses to watch says a lot about their taste and interests. You can learn a lot about someone by watching a show or movie with them and seeing how they react to it.
- It's affordable. Let's face it, dates can be expensive, and the bill can quickly add up if you're going out for drinks or dinner. "Netflix and chill" is a much more affordable option, especially if you split the cost of the subscription :)
- You can do it anywhere. Another great thing about "Netflix and chill" is that it's not location-dependent like other activities. It doesn't matter if you're in a city or a small town; you can always find a place to watch Netflix.
- It's convenient. In today's busy world, it can be challenging to find time for dates. "Netflix and chill" is a great option for people with busy schedules. You can watch Netflix at any time, day or night.
How to make the most out of your "Netflix and chill" date
Even though "Netflix and chill" is a relatively simple activity, there are still a few things you can do to make the most out of your date.
- Choose a show or movie that you're both interested in. The worst thing you can do on a "Netflix and chill" date is to choose a show or movie that only one of you is interested in. Not only will you be bored, but your date will be too. The key is to find something you're both interested in so you can enjoy it together.
- Make sure your place is clean and comfortable.If you're going to watch Netflix at your place, make sure it's clean and comfortable. No one wants to watch Netflix in a messy or uncomfortable environment. Take the time to tidy up and ensure your place is comfortable so you can relax and enjoy your date.
- Don't just watch TV all night. "Netflix and chill" do not mean you should watch TV the entire night, and the point is to use Netflix as a way to relax and spend time together, not to be glued to the screen all night. Make sure to take breaks throughout the night to talk, laugh, and enjoy each other's company.
- Have snacks and drinks available. Another critical thing to remember is to have snacks and drinks available. You don't want your date to get hungry or thirsty in the middle of the movie. Having a few snacks and drinks on hand will help to make your date more comfortable and enjoyable.
- Don't be afraid to cuddle. Cuddling is a great way to get physically close to your date without being too forward, and it's also a great way to relax and enjoy each other's company. So, don't be afraid to cuddle up with your date during your "Netflix and chill" session.
So there you have it! Those are just a few reasons why "Netflix and chill" is the new second date standard. So if you're looking for a fun and easy way to spend quality time with your significant other, this is the way to go!
So grab some popcorn, find a comfortable spot, and hit play.